Franchise Utility Right of Way Permits

Staff Contact

Janet Quinn or Nicole Sawyer

Public Works Department

(425) 398-8900




The City of Kenmore began administering Franchise Utility Right of Way Permits in 2011. King County, who had performed this function since the City's incorporation, is no longer issuing or inspecting the permits.


Application materials may be submitted electronically by email, by mail, or in-person at City Hall; electronic submittals are preferred. Submitting 11"x17" size plans is acceptable. If a larger size is needed, a request will be made on a case-by-case basis. Permits are typically issued within 7 business days of receiving the application.


Franchise Utility Right of Way Permits are invoiced quarterly. Fees as of January 1, 2019 are as follows:

  • Application Fee - Standard Permit: $215.00
  • Application Fee - Emergency Permit $275.00
  • Review Fee - Hourly: $110.00
  • Inspection Fee - Hourly: $110.00
  • Violation of Work Hours: $518.00


Applications may be emailed to:            


Mailed to:

            City of Kenmore
            Attn: Janet Quinn         
            18120 68th Ave NE
            Kenmore, WA 98028
Or submitted at: 
           City Hall
           18120 68th Ave NE
           Kenmore, WA 98028
When an emergency or immediate permit is required, please contact:
Janet Quinn, Nicole Sawyer, or Jarrett Smith at 425-398-8900
Utility permits for work within the SR 522 right of way will be administered by the City with a review required from Washington State Department of Transportation.
Last updated: Thu, 01/24/2019 - 12:52pm